Cutting the Chicane also took a mini break due to the ongoing break in F1 and well though Williams and Force India, the 2 non FOTA teams may complain how they have incurred cost by shutting down their factories during this period but from a fan point of view, this break has been hard on people and I think both FIA and FOM along with FOTA should reconsider such long breaks. I suggest it is better to make the season shorter than have such a long period especially when you are expecting a very close finish in the championship with Brawn losing steam and both the Red Bull driver’s closing in on Jenson Button during every race weekend. They say there are no fairytales in sports and this could actually be true for both Jenson Button and Brawn GP, but then if Webber or even Vettel does pull it off it will be nothing short of a miracle!
Something’s which has hogged the limelight and they are in no particular order
- Schumacher’s legendary return and later his decision to abort from the European GP and maybe even from the 2010 season. (I nearly booked tickets for the Singapore GP!)
- BMW going the Honda way and shutting down the team for the 2010 season. Peter Sauber nearly did a Brawn but BMW got too greedy. (History repeats itself, BMW pulled off Williams at the end of 2005 and Williams has never been the same)
- Jean Todt and Ari Vatanen trying to outgun each other as both men has high hopes and have a surreal campaign going around.
- Jaime Alguersuari decided to race as much as possible with apart from F1 commitments, decided to go back to Formula Renault series and also take part in various Karting events.
- Romain Grosjean waiting for his F1 debut with the Renault team but not sure if it will be in Valencia or Spa-Francorchamps as all depends on the FIA
- Luca Badoer makes a historic comeback and he gets rewarded for all the work he has put in as a Ferrari test driver. This will be the 4th Italian team he races for after Scuderia Italia, Minardi and Forti Corse teams and he has the most recorded starts and yet to score points in the championship. (The last Italian to drive for Ferrari was Nicola Larini during the 1994 San Marino GP, he came 2nd)
- Montreal returns as a F1 circuit and it will be on for the 2010 season
- Jacques Villeneuve is looking for an F1 seat for the 2010 season and oh yeah he is divorced now.